Michael C. Thomsett – Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting
The easy-to-use guide to interpreting candlestick charts and derivative markets
Candlestick charts are an effective way of visualizing price movements and, due to the increased interest in the complex derivatives market, they are being used more and more widely. A combination of a line-chart and a bar-chart, where each bar represents the range of price movement over a given time interval, candlestick charts are most often used in technical analysis of equity and currency price patterns. A guide to the most used charts, The Bloomberg Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting is arranged in an easy-to-use manner, providing a quick reference for those new to the field.
Candlestick charts are formed with the help of the opening, high, low, and closing price of the day—if the opening price is above the closing price then a filled candlestick is drawn, and these charts are visual aids for decision making in forex, stock, commodities, and options trading.
- Contains alphabetical explanations of over 200 candlestick and related terms
- Includes daily charts of 50 companies, and six-month charts for comparative explanations of candlesticks with Western-style technical indicators
- Written by Michael C. Thomsett, author of over sixty books and hundreds of articles, including the bestselling Getting Started in Bonds, also published by Wiley
- Enhanced eBook editions offer video tutorials, test-yourself quizzes, and full-color/interactive charts and graphs, available for purchase separately.
A practical and concise resource for anyone new to this way of representing derivatives, The Bloomberg Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting presents sometimes confusing concepts in a format that is easy to understand and digest.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michael C. Thomsett is a financial writer with over sixty books and hundreds of articles to his credit, including the eight editions of Getting Started in Options, as well as Getting Started in Swing Trading, Getting Started in Fundamental Analysis, Getting Started in Property Flipping, and Getting Started in Rental Income. He has been a management consultant in the securities industries and is an active options trader.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction: The Value of Candlestick Charting vii
- Chapter 1: Types of Charts 1
- Chapter 2: The History of Candlesticks 11
- An Era of Commerce and Growth 11
- The God of the Markets 12
- Candlesticks Come to America 13
- Chapter 3: Candlesticks and Their Attributes 15
- The Importance of Long Candlesticks 18
- The Opposite: The Extremely Narrow-Range Session 18
- Attributes Missing in Candlestick Analysis 19
- Chapter 4: Pitfalls of Candlesticks 21
- Chapter 5: Confirmation 29
- Chapter 6: The Six Basic Candlesticks 31
- Chapter 7: Candlestick Alphabetical Entries 36
- Chapter 8: Noncandlestick Confirmation Indicators and Terms 246
- Appendix: Bloomberg Functionality Cheat Sheet 370
- Bibliography 371
- Index 372
Get Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting or the other courses from the same one of these categories: eBook, Stocks, Candlestick, Forex, Futures, Charting, Michael C. Thomsett for free on Course Sharing Network.
Share Course Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting, Free Download Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting, Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting Torrent, Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting Download Free, Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting Discount, Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting Review, Michael C. Thomsett – Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting, Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting, Michael C. Thomsett.